Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wounded

Although this book has been in our Library since it came out, I am finally reading it since it was nominated for the Red Maple award. About 3/4 the way through, I am impressed. Some of the passages have shocked me and have really allowed me to truly feel what families must feel when a parent goes to war. What is great about this book is that it is current. We are not reading about something that happened years ago (like WWI or WWII), but a war that is still being fought. So far, this book is reminding me to be accepting of all and to continue to advocate for those who do not have a voice - like our Vow of Silence day. I cannot imagine not being able to attend school, just because I am female...something we really take for granted here in Canada.

Your thoughts and impressions about Wounded? Try to not give away crucial points of the story.  

5 comments:

  1. This book is the best book I have read so far!
    So descriptive and lots of details help make you feel like the story is unfolding in front of you. I think it is the best book by Eric Walters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took part in the Vow of Silence!, it was hard. Now thinking about living a life like that seems so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric Walters is an awesome author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great book my red maple pick so far and i have read 5 books already, so much detail could not put it down once i picked it up

    ReplyDelete